Sunday, October 12, 2008

Last pics from NYC, sickness, and Liam!

So, I got waylaid in my quest to report on my trip to NY. Ravaged by disease is a more accurate description. Some people (ahem, Lis) have teased me in the past for being slightly dramatic when I'm sick. I'm coming to the realization that there might be some truth in this. For example, at the first sign of illness, I go to the grocery store, buy OJ, lots of soup, throat drops, lemons, cold medication, tissues and anything I can think of to help treat symptoms. This time, I was able to send someone else out while I laid on the couch bemoaning my pitiful state. Yes, being married has it's advantages and this is one of them. Poor Adam. I did promise to spoil him rotten after I recovered, which I define as being symptom-free. Since I still have a rather convenient cough, he's still waiting on that promise.....

You'll note that I'm calling him Adam now. My less than clever alias was ruined when, as he pointed out, I forgot to use it in the last post. So, instead of being the simplest form of matter (is that right?), he's a regular old Joe..........except that he's a genius and super awesome.

So, I just don't have the energy to give a real play-by-play of my last day in Manhattan. Suffice it to say, we saved the best for last and spent most of the day in Central Park. It was great! The weather was beautiful! We basked on a blanket in the sunshine for awhile eating a lunch of bread, cheese, fruit and cookies, browsed at a book fair, watched the regular crew of roller skaters as they boogeyed to some music, ate some free Ghirardelli chocolates and roamed around the park. It's nice for these city-dwellers, these pavement junkies, to have their own green space:



I loved those roller skaters! I would have joined them if I could, but I was lacking skates and a cool enough outfit. For those of you who don't get to hang out with my best friend, Liam:

7 comments:

Jana said...

Atom, aka Adam, can NOT be JOE ... because I'M married to JOE!!!! :)

Your trip seems like it was a nice time and a very deserved break for you!

Hope you are feeling completely well soon! We must be related or something - I'm an an award winning drama queen when I'm sick!

Take care.

jess (mumbo designs) said...

What, you left your roller skates home? And I'm sure you had an outfit just like them in your suitcase - or is that just your Madonna Dance Party getup?

I'm totally a drama queen when I'm sick. Milk it, baby, milk it.

Unknown said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! I'm glad you were able to go to NYC. Please pay no attention to the time and date this was posted - I should be working ;-)

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oh that Liam is the cutest little butter ball!!! I want to come through the computer and kiss those little cheeks! I'm so jealous of your Central Park pics. Would love to be there, and run around with my kids. Someday. Glad you got to see it. Sounds like a fabulous trip!

Wende said...

Oooooooh, am I one jealous auntie! Can't wait to see the Liam-man at Christmas, he is getting cuter all the time! And yes, I have to say you do have good taste in husbands and I'm glad that Adam is my brother-in-law. Now when are you guys moving back here?
You get your drama queen tendencies genetically - they are from our dear mother.(though after reading Tia Juana's comment, maybe from Dad too) She would always stock up on all that stuff when we were sick, and I do the same thing. NOw if I could get Kurt to recognize a cold as being sick! Love and hugs!

sara and wade said...

oooo... i just want to give loves and smooches on that cute little Liam!! he is such a doll and i wish that we all got to hang out more! hey... are ya'll coming to spence's homecoming this weekend? we would sure love to see you .... as always!! hope you feel better soon and i agree with jess... milk it... and when you are fully recovered, maybe you'll spoil adam with your Madonna Dance Party getup and your stashed roller skates. now that is what i'd call spoiling him!! :)

amber said...

I have to say I am glad you aren't my child - I would give you some motrin and tell you to buck up!!! (my poor kids - that's what they get for having a nurse for a mom - I know what "really sick" is :).
smooches!
p.s. I want to kiss Liam's rosy cheeks! What a doll!