Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm trying to be better about updating my blog so as to be the favorite daughter.  Here's an update about the last two weeks in Jen and Adam's world:

Major Event #1:  Adam's Birthday
What a beautiful day!  Saturday the 14th was warm and sunny.  We hosted a little birthday lunch in Adam's honor with his immediate family and Collin (who was going solo while Tianna visited family in AZ).  It was my first hosting event in the new house and since it consisted of pizza and Marie Callender's pie, I'd say it was a success.  I think this may have been Adam's favorite present:


No - that's not an announcement.  I just realized that might be misleading.  We got his brother Ben a Disney Princess Diary for Christmas this year and he decided to exact his revenge.  Sigh.
Another year older.  I really can't believe that Adam used to look like this:


What a handsome sandwich! 

Major Event #2: Wende's Birthday/St Patrick's Day
I couldn't be with her on her birthday of course, but it sounded like a great day.  I really can't express how much I love and admire my big sister.  I think that about 60% of who I am comes from growing up with her playing "Carol and Diana" and "What's for Lunch," making up and acting out plays such as "The Death of the Mailman in the Kitchen," begging her to tear herself away from her book and play Barbies with me.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  I love our relationship now and how we can talk about anything and everything and frequently do!  Happy Birthday, Kitten!  

I tried to take part in some sort of celebration for Wende and St Pat and and so we went to my friend Nicole's annual Leprechaun Frolic.  Nicole needs to do event planning.  Her parties are amazing and she doesn't lack in enthusiasm:

That about does it for major events.  The rest of the time has been spent working, doing our taxes, house cleaning inside and out, etc, etc, etc.  We just found out this morning that Adam gets to teach Gospel Doctrine and I am the new RS secretary.  Yeah, third time's a charm - I apparently didn't get it right the first two times and still need to grow in this calling.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm reading Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier again.  I love that book.  I've read it like a dozen times and it never gets old to me.  Mrs Danvers is the creepiest of housekeepers and I can relate so much to the awkward, gauche heroine without a name.  If you've never read it, do.  If you don't read, the movie isn't bad either.  I'd like to conclude this with the latest Liam pics.  He has definitely perfected his stare.  Until the next time I post - let's hope it's before April.  

                                             
 

6 comments:

Jana said...

I always enjoy reading your updates even though I rarely comment. I have decided that if we lived close, we could hang out and have a lot of fun. Next week, after some major things have wrapped themselves up, I may have to go get that book. It sounds intriguing.

Wende said...

I love you much dear girl. Thanks for the shout-out! I am ready to play "What's for lunch" or Carol and Diana whenever you are!

Miranda said...

Jen! What a small world! You look great and happy. I LOVE Emilie...life here in little Concord, NH would not be as much fun without her. Congrats on the new calling! Your theory is all wrong, however. You were so great the other times that no one else can fill your secretary shoes!

sara and wade said...

way to go jen! great updates! happy birthday adam... you certainly were a cute little sandwich! :) fun little st. patty's day party. what would we do without great friends like that? and hello mr. liam. we need to come up with a name for his stare. it is absolutely fabulous and certainly deserves its own name... something better than "blue steel" at least. keep those updates comin... we love em!

Em said...

Sweet pictures of Angel Boy Liam. Thanks for the book recommendation. I just watched Darling Lili. You mentioned it forever ago and I finally got to it. I'm cracking up that you know Miranda, I've been wondering how long it would take to find connections back home. How nice that your yard is finished, you're probably feeling very springy (well, once your latest snow melts!) Happy Birthday Adam! Love you guys.

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed Adam's birthday and sorry I didn't receive my invitation for Nicole's party in the mail. Must have been a mistake.