Monday, March 2, 2009

Beware the Ides of March

That title has nothing to do with this post. My sister and I were discussing that phrase and neither on of us knew what it meant. If anyone can tell me, I'll send them a candy bar...or something like that. If anyone actually reads this blog post it will be miraculous since my dad informed me that if I wait this long between posts, no one will check my blog and I won't have any more friends and I'll be alone at 80 years old. I always thought I go my dramatic streak from my mom...hmmm. So, okay, life has changed a little bit since January. For starters, my brother and sister moved into our house with us in February. They're between gigs right now since Collin is waiting to hear from law schools. It's been great to have them. I was a little nervous, but it's so fun to see them when we come home from work, etc. Since they will most likely not be staying here for law school, it's also great that we get to spend the last few months they're around seeing them every day. Liam is another bonus - so cute. And so entertaining in church!

What else? There were some lay-offs in Adam's office to remind us that no one is invulnerable to a really bad economy. Luckily, he made it through and it doesn't look as though there will be any more in the near future. Whew!

I am excited for spring and, this is for you, Wende, am excited to celebrate Adam's AND my sister's birthdays this month. Hooray for birthdays! If anyone has any suggestions for good things to plant in your yard for a dry climate, let me know. My mother will stare at this sentence in disbelief, but I'm so excited to work in my yard! Last but not least, after a long delay....here are some pics of the new house - we still love it!


So this is what our house looks like from the back yard (I should have stood a little further back).
Note the extremely random little look out balcony from the main floor. Adam and I have decided that this will be where our kids will go for "time-out." We may also use it to host neighborhood theatricals...I'm thinking Romeo and Juliet balcony scene - sans cleavage.


And a few shots of our cute back yard. I just realized I really don't have any of the interior from after we moved in. I'll work on that...


Adam's birthday is this Saturday! It's cool that I'm younger than him...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

The ides of March is the 15 of March on the Roman Calander, the celebrated a festival to Mars (God of war). You only have to beware if you are Julius Ceasar.
Lisa

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

So that's how I get Lisa to comment on a blog. I should have known Shakespeare trivia! I love your house!! So cute. But the yard is treeless. Get some trees on that football field!

Alyson said...

Yay, you're back! Cute house! We need to come see it in person. :) We've missed you guys at family meeting.

Happy Birthday Adam!

sara and wade said...

wahoo for the updates!!!! i've been waiting!! and i agree with my favorite uncle... you better post more often.... hahah! i'm definitely not the example to follow though!! i think lisa definitely deserves some chocolate for the jeopardy trivia answer. way to go! love the house. so fun. now it is time for the inside pictures... so we both have our brothers living with us. its great isn't it? i love seeing them because i know that they'll be moving soon and so its great to spend lots of time with them before they go. sweet!
happy birthday adam!

Em said...

I think Lisa should play Caesar. Adam can be Othello. You can be Juliette, since you didn't want someone with cleavage. I'll play the Witch with the colored eggs. When are rehearsals?
We're coming in April, so I'll see you soon!