Thursday, July 17, 2008

Name Change

I had to change the name on this blog. I always had my doubts about it, namely because I've never been hard core (is that one or two words?) and so why even imply it? I actually have a lot of fears. When I worked at my old job, my boss used to tell me that my five biggest fears were spiders, sharks, snakes, bears and long-term relationships. He was right, although I guess I can finally remove long-term relationships from that list. To be honest, I think the moment that Atom fell in love with me was the night of our first date when I told him that if I ever ran for office, one of the highlights of my political platform would be to rid the world of sharks and create jobs at the same time. At least that's when I like to think he fell in love with me. I hope that I haven't offended anyone by my anti-shark stance. I try to view them as a beautiful component of the circle of life and then I read some article about a shark attack in Florida or Australia and I regress. It's rather sad because if I could be anywhere right now, a beach with soft white sand and crystal clear water is at the top of my list. I would still go in a heartbeat. I just wouldn't swim very far out......and never at dusk. That's my advice for the day.

Anyway, I'm not in love with the new name either so if anyone has any suggestions/feedback, I'm all ears. I'm trying to be better at posting on this blog. This week is birthday week for Atom and I. My brother's wife Tianna's birthday is tomorrow (Friday) and Atom's sister's birthday is on Saturday
so we're looking forward to a lot of good family time. I'll get to see my cute new nephew and go to the new Batman movie with Atom's family. Maybe I'll try to give a review next week......

8 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, 2 posts in 1 week?? I'm becoming short of breath! I was cracking up about your haircut, and I have to say, you were very kind to think that your co worker didn't know what she was saying. Trust me, there was NOTHING there that could be misconstrued as nice!! Give her an unbalanceable bank statement to keep her busy. She's got too much time on her hands to be that catty!

Wende said...

Jen I'm there for you whenever you want to prank the unfortunate finance lady. I bet your hair looks wonderful and hopefully will get to see it. (post a picture?) Thanks for the posts! You rock!

Rach and Todd said...

Wait, wait...I've got it. You can call it..."Ard of Earing". Isn't it catchy?? Ha...that is so a joke my dad would make. I am sure your hair cut is adorable (say it with a French accent.) Love ya!

Jana said...

Well hey howdy hey there cousin of mine! I found you here on the blog! And what a fun surprise! I've been enjoying my newfound relationship with Wende and it will be nice to once again have one with you as well. It's nice to "see" you - if just on the blog!

Em said...

woah, i never knew adam was ATOM. hello. i feel like i need to be reintroduced. sorry for that, pal. i can't wait to see your hair, jen! i know it's a little akward to post pics of yourself, but i'm dying to see. maybe you could post a pic of the office girl and we could all comment on her hair.

Wende said...

Jen -I KNEW the whole "you're asleep Jen!" night would rear it's ugly head one of these days! The first memory that I thought of was our fun trip to San Francisco with Lis. You guys were great travel buddies and it was so fabulous being in one of my favorite places with you both. Also I don't know where we got Carol and Diana...I'll have to think about that one.

Ingrid said...

I really like the idea of the previous poster about putting up finance girl's pic so we can see her hair and make comments on that.

Unknown said...

Way to have a blog and not tell me. We're officially divorced.