Thursday, June 12, 2008

Misc.

Man, what a crazy week! Between my fabulous parents flying in on Tuesday, Atom working SUPER late this week, visiting my brother, sister-in-law and their new baby and celebrating King Kamehameha Day (yes I have to look it up to spell in every time) at work, I am spent, simply spent.

It's so great to have my parents here, though. I went to lunch with them the afternoon they flew in and it was just me and mom and dad. I was so excited thinking about all of the places I could take them, and where did they decide they wanted to go? Crown Burger. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a Crown Burger fan. Those french fries, the special sauce they put on their burgers....I try not to think about how I usually end up feeling after I eat there. Still, I'm a fan. It was just a slightly anticlimactic moment for me to hear their decision after imagining all of the places we could have gone. I digress. As I watch my mom cooking up fabulous meals for my brother and sister-in-law and I listen to my dad showing Atom his latest Linux gadget (I'm sure it has an actual name), I'm reminded of how awesome my parents are and how fortunate I am.

Another highlight? King Kamehameha Day at work. My co-worker brought in dark chocolate Mounds bars, I played the Hawaii 5 0 theme song for every person who entered our workstation - a fabulous day. I am in love with those Dark Chocolate Mounds bars! Buy them! You won't regret it.

6 comments:

sara and wade said...

wow! i'm super happy that you have joined the blogger nation!!! i love it! and you are hilarious. you always know it. and just so you know... whenever i'm with just our immediate family, i've earned the nickname "jennifer" for my crazy antics and silly things that i do. i proudly live up to the name and and won't give it up easily! sure love you two! it is so good to see what is up with the ards! and if momma susan and daddy dave are still in town, make sure that you give them HUGE hugs and love from down south and their favorite neice! love ya!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Yea! Welcome to the blogosphere!! It's so cute to see the nephew pictures. And why am I not surprised to hear Uncle Dave is a Crown Burger diehard. Actually, we've run over there on a layover at the airport! So I guess I can't fault him. But next time it's got to be Cafe Rio at least!!--love cousin Julie

Em said...

GRAPE,
AT LONG LAST....
LOVE, AMBROSIA

Unknown said...

Jennifer Zundel where have you been?! So glad to see you join the blogging world and you look absolutely beautiful in your wedding pictures. Long live orange drink on tap.

Ingrid said...

Jen...sure...Susan and Dave made the blogspot for visiting Utah. But what about an old Kickapoo? Guess Gelato and slumber party games weren't memorable enough for you. You know what, just forget it. Just forget I even posted a comment just like you forgot I visited Utah too.
(For anyone else who reads this...I am totally kidding)

Summer's World said...

You're adorable! Where've you been all my life! How's married life!
-Sum